Wordy

In order to burn time at an old editing job, I used to read Merriam-Webster's top-ten lists. If you haven't done this, you should definitely start. They can be entertaining. I recently looked up the top-ten most frequently looked up words and was shocked by how many of them I used in regular conversation. I have included the words below and bolded the ones that I have used in spontaneous conversation. Maybe you'll be proud of me.

Pretentious
Ubiquitous
Love (The editor's note on the website says, "We're guessing that many people arrive at our site with a question – "what is the meaning of love?" – that actually requires answers beyond a dictionary definition." I thought that was pretty hilarious)
Cynical
Apathetic
Conundrum
Albeit
Ambiguous
Integrity
Affect/Effect
I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a word nerd.

I love to use "big" words.
Some of the time, I even use them correctly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2022

New Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I was Responsible