Aging Well
Recently, I have been convinced that I am more like this...
(Photo Cred: Google search for "Grandma")
...than a typical young adult
Supporting evidence:
I get annoyed when people are loud after about 10:30 or 11PM on a weeknight.
I get sick of being out on the weekend after about 10PM.
I check the news daily.
I drive like a pansy (when I have a car to drive).
My dream car is a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic.
I love to read Maeve Binchy and Rosamunde Pilcher books.
During the summer, I put sunscreen on daily.
I hate having a kitchen that is anything but spotless.
I can't match my socks (senile old people do this, right?!).
Okay, maybe my supporting evidence is weak. Even if I am like an old fogie, I like it. So don't mock me. At least I'm getting in lots of practice for how to be old before I reach that age.
(Photo Cred: Google search for "Grandma")...than a typical young adult
Supporting evidence:
I get annoyed when people are loud after about 10:30 or 11PM on a weeknight.
I get sick of being out on the weekend after about 10PM.
I check the news daily.
I drive like a pansy (when I have a car to drive).
My dream car is a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic.
I love to read Maeve Binchy and Rosamunde Pilcher books.
During the summer, I put sunscreen on daily.
I hate having a kitchen that is anything but spotless.
I can't match my socks (senile old people do this, right?!).
Okay, maybe my supporting evidence is weak. Even if I am like an old fogie, I like it. So don't mock me. At least I'm getting in lots of practice for how to be old before I reach that age.
Comments
Post a Comment