Surprise Date
Rob has had training camp this weekend for Hockey, and he's been pretty tired. I decided to surprise him with a fun date. It was fun to see him try to guess what we were doing and where we were going. I took him to Sundance Ski Resort and we rode the ski lift. They do "Rides to the Moon" on or near the full moon every month.
Even though Rob scolded me for not telling him to get a warmer coat, he liked it.
On our way up we saw some beautiful lightning storms, but all hell broke loose once we got to the top of the mountain. I've never seen so much hail! We were soaked to the bone by the time they pulled us off the lift to wait out the storm in the ski patrol shack. Luckily I had muddy buddies to provide sustenance.
| Rob lent me his hat in an attempt to keep me dry. It didn't work out so well. We were pretty soaked. |
Even though the storm calmed down after about 30 minutes, there was still too much lightning to start up the lift. The Sundance employees with 4-wheel drive ended up driving us down the mountain. It was a long, bumpy ride. I prefer snowboarding down mountains than riding down dirt roads in trucks.
I love when things go wrong when I'm with Rob. He's so easygoing. I know so many other people who would have freaked out about the situation instead of just laughing and having fun. I love making new memories with Rob. I love that guy.
I think you mean H-E-double hockey sticks broke loose.
ReplyDelete