July 27th

Today is Rob's 21st Birthday! I'm bummed I can't be with him to celebrate it, but that's okay. I know he's enjoying himself down in the DR. I've been looking forward to the 27th like it's a holiday. Funny how none of my coworkers care that my best friend is 21. That's okay. I have plans to celebrate it with the Opening Ceremonies. Also, I have a few fireworks I'm going to light off. He'd like that.

I feel like I haven't blogged much recently. If you read my blog enough to care, I'm sorry. I've been sorting through the vicissitudes in my feelings as the time for Rob's return creeps ever closer. I haven't wanted to display those for all to see. But I've come to a few realizations. 

I'm beyond excited for Rob to come back, but the end of his mission is (just a skosh) sad for me too. Though it's been tough, it's fun to get letters from him. I've had my last letter. At this point, he'd beat any letters home. I will only write and receive two more emails. Although the communication barrier between the girl-at-home and a missionary sucks, that barrier has helped me to learn about myself. I've seen that I can stand on my own two feet. I always had confidence in myself, and that confidence grew while I was dating Rob. Since he's been gone, my confidence has become more firmly rooted in the gospel. 

Things are going to change on August 14th. Maybe they'll change in the way I hope they will, and maybe they'll change in the way I fear they will. However they change, this scripture has brought me much-needed comfort recently. 

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
Matthew 6:33-34

Thank you, Rob, for being my best friend and helping me to be a better person-whether you're walking next to me or walking thousands of miles away from me. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2022

New Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I was Responsible