Jr.

I have successfully completed my first two classes of my Junior year of college. I repeat. Junior Year.

It feels crazy. Extremely so. I can't believe I'm this old. I'm closer to graduating than I am to entering college. This makes me happy. But also terrified for the future. What if I can't get a job? What if I am bad at what I chose?

But allow me to rant. Although I love school, I've realized that the first day isn't the best. Why is that? So many teachers use it as an excuse to freak you out. I will read a syllabus and then freak. I will forget that I've gotten through my first two years of college just fine. I forget that I am smart and capable. I forget that my eternal salvation doesn't rest on getting straight A's, or even keeping a scholarship. I (momentarily) forget that I enjoy learning and growing. Instead I freak about how I won't be able to succeed.


Here's the thing Junior Year. I refuse to let you scare me. I am going to continue to love improving. I will continue to thrive with challenges. If you've got a problem with that....tough.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2022

New Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I was Responsible