The Big Move

I've lived in apartment #18 for 15 months. It's been home. My home in Orem became my parent's house while I lived in #18. Today I completed my move across the hall into #14 (my first move without mommy's help, are you proud?). It's a weird feeling. I like the new place. It's a step up, but it doesn't feel like home right now. It's just a hotel with beds on cinder-blocks and green carpet. Maybe it will once roommates start moving in. Now it's just a little lonely. 

It's funny how things and places come to define me. I have knee jerk reactions whenever people mention the other places I've lived. I always get happy when people mention Heritage Halls. I have such great memories there with my freshman roommates, even if other girls used my towel on occasion. I always scowl when I pass Raintree, just because I had a hard time with one person. There were a few rough patches in #18, but mostly that place was home to some of my favorite memories. Here's to hoping that #14 brings some good. 

Does anybody else feel this connected with places? Is that just me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2022

New Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I was Responsible