Ballparks

My first one was Angel Stadium (Home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim).  I can't remember exactly how old I was.  I think six, but my mom might correct me.  I loved driving (or riding, since I didn't have my license *quite* yet) home under the light of the Halo.  I don't remember how many games I've seen at Angel stadium, but I've been to a handful.  I even saw the Red Sox play there in high school.


My second one was Coors Field (Home of the Colorado Rockies).  I was around 15.  I saw the Rockies play the Cardinals.  My uncle wore an Eckstein shirt in honor of an ex-Angel turned Cardinal.  I caught a t-shirt that soon became a prized possession.  

My third one was Fenway Park (Home of the Boston Red Sox).  I was 20.  I fell in love with the old-time ballpark and their team.  I saw the Sox cream the Mariners and saw Ortiz hit a grand slam.  I saw Ellsbury hit a homer off Pesky's pole in a nail biter. It was a great week for baseball.


Up next is AT&T Park (home of the San Francisco Giants).  I'll be 21.  I purchased the tickets today.  I can't wait to see more MLB.  I fly to San Francisco two weeks from Sunday.

4 stadiums down, 28 to go. 

Comments

  1. You can always return for Mormon Night at Fenway (August 4th)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2022

New Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I was Responsible