For my Daddy
I have the best dad in the world. While I was walking home from class today I was thinking about how grateful I am that he is mine.
He has taught me to work hard. He taught me to never spend more than I make. He taught me to be silly. He treats my mother better than anyone else (and reminds me to find someone who will treat me the same). He taught me how to write a good resume. He proofread all my papers in high school. He told me to watch how the boys I date treat their mothers and sisters. He sends calming texts when I'm stressed about an exam, roommates, or even picking a career. He taught me that my eternal progression is more important than day-to-day concerns. He taught me that it's okay for a man to cry.
My dad says I'm a good writer. I'm a good writer because of him. My dad says he's proud of the good choices I'm making. I'm making good choices because of him.
Happy Birthday Daddy! Thanks for changing me for the better. I love you.
Aww lovely :)
ReplyDeleteI was reading too fast and I thought you said he sends calming texts to you when you are picking a root beer. Now THAT would be a devoted (and crazy) father. :-) But you're right, he's pretty darn good.
ReplyDelete