Six

My beautiful niece is six today. I was there when she was born. I cut the cord. I love her more than words can say.  She was the smartest little girl I knew. I was constantly amazed by how many song lyrics she knew. I loved playing games with her. I loved seeing that beautiful smile. I miss hearing her say I was going to my "a partment".  I miss you Becca. So many people wish you were here so we could spend this day together. I wish you could be with us for all our special occasions. I am extremely jealous of your Aunt Chelsie: I would have loved to twirl with you on my wedding day. Becca, I hope you can see how many lives you touched in your four short years. More than 500 people are reading for you and wearing yellow today. Many of those people never even met you. Becca, you've helped me be a better person. I'm kinder because of you. I like to think that I'm more patient. I am more devout in my belief of the gospel. Thank you for helping me become the woman I am today. I love you to the moon and back a bazillion times. 
I miss that smile. I miss that girl. I can't wait until I can be with Becca again! 

Comments

  1. You cut the cord? That's so cool. I've been thinking about your family all day (and reading). Happy Birthday to Becca.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best of 2022

New Most Embarrassing Moment

Today I was Responsible